Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Am I Old Enough To Be a Grown Up?

This post is totally random, so feel free not to even respond I just have to get this off of my chest! Brandon and I always talk about the “future” and we are on a 5 year plan (well it’s a 5 year plan, but after each year I never lower the number and it stays a “5 year plan” in my head even thought it should be down to a 2 year plan). I just finished all my prerequisites and applied for Dental Hygiene programs, and I had a little panic attack! My future of being done with school, buying a house, having kids and all that grown up stuff is coming up and it freaked me out! I don’t know what to do I have stayed up until like 1am each night worrying about it (as if there is even a solution). I know this may sound lame to everyone else but I am terrified of growing up. I don’t know I am just panicking. Brandon is my exact opposite when it comes to stuff like this and he doesn’t worry about it at all. He actually says he is excited and can’t wait. Well I don’t feel any better now that I got this off of my chest in fact I am kind of having a hard time breathing just thinking about it! Have a good night and hopefully when the time actually comes for me to do all of these things I will be more relaxed about it!

7 comments:

Rachel and Dan Schmalz said...

I'm there with ya girl!! I can't believe that we are turning 25 this year(you already are)! Seriously, where did the time go? I don't feel old enough to be making decisions about having kids, selling and buying houses and all that "grown up" stuff. I feel like we just graduated high school like 2 years ago. Now I know what it feels like for 40 year olds when they are having their 20 year reunions and wondering where 20 years went. I don't think we will ever feel like we have actually grown up. I don't like it ONE BIT!!
Excited to hang out this weekend!! I still don't know what the plan is...

BSW said...

I totally know what you are saying! I turned 25 in Sept and I seriously was acting like I was having a mid life crisis! My Brandon kept trying to consul me, but nothing helped to take thoughts out of my head. I mean I was half way to 50 and a quarter of a century! That is something to freak out about! Sharon Silkman (Sanderson)

Makell and David said...

Well first of all you are never old enough to grow up. You are only as old as you want to be.(If that makes any sense) I am afraid to get older and start a family and all that fun stuff. However, I don't think you are ever ready for kids you just have to learn as you go in every aspect of growing up.
On another note I do agree with you on getting together when kenzie comes in town. I feel like I am so out of the loop on everyone. I feel like I fell off the planet when it comes to all my friends. Anyways, thanks for not giving up on my blog I know I suck at up dating it but I am going to try harder.

Unknown said...

So I just read your post as I can't sleep at 4 am on a thursday morning. I am now 28 and have just established a new 15 year plan and I don't have the slightest idea what I am doing. All I have to do is remind myself that it's not the big stuff in life that matters but the little stuff along the way. Enjoy this time because it only comes once. I can't think of how many times I stressed over something and didn't enjoy my life. Looking back now those were fond memories and priceless moments that worrying tainted. Life is great. Look at all of the amazing things that we get to do. I wouldn't worry too much about your age. After all car rental agencies determine that 25 is when a young person is finally able and responsible enough to rent a car and not a day before! You're a baby compared to the rest of the world and have so much to look forward to. Enjoy it. This is your life now. It doesn't begin when you meet your plans end. Life happens everyday.
Wow. Great philosopher or what? You are lucky I am your older sis! I feel better and I think what I have said is true. Love you.

Ryan and Tiff said...

New post please....yes you are old enough!

Calli Hayman said...

What UP?? Ha Ha were supposed to be working but i'm totally not...i'm leaving you a message to say hi!!

Unknown said...

Being "grown up" is a process. I don't know when you reach it, just take it one day at a time. I still feel 18 sometimes! So, good luck with hygiene school. Where are you applying? Its really fun and you'll love it!